• Beware of Counterfeit Woodturning Tools (click here for details)
  • Johnathan Silwones is starting a new AAW chapter, Southern Alleghenies Woodturners, in Johnstown, PA. (click here for details)
  • Congratulations to Jim Hills for "Journey II" being selected as Turning of the Week for May 6th, 2024 (click here for details)
  • Welcome new registering member. Your username must be your real First and Last name (for example: John Doe). "Screen names" and "handles" are not allowed and your registration will be deleted if you don't use your real name. Also, do not use all caps nor all lower case.

powermatic 2035B out board bed

john lucas

AAW Forum Expert
Any one know anything about attachments for the 2035B that let you mount the short bed on the leg. I seem to remember that you could purchase a riser for the tailstock and tool rest. I couldn't find it last night in the powermatic web site.

John,

Here is a link with that information on the Osolnik Machinery web site.

http://www.osolnikmachinery.com/index.asp?PageAction=VIEWPROD&ProdID=79

I don't know of a riser being available for the tail stock however. Seems to me that you have a PM 3520b but if not, when I get to the shop later today I'll slide my headsock down, put a drive center in and try to get an approximate measurement to give you an idea of the radius available. If my memory serves me (and it doesn't always) I thought it was about a 24" radius.

Max Taylor

In Memoriam
powermatic 2035b outboard bed

The powermatic 3520b has a 10 in. swing. The 18 in. extention can be mounted on the tailstock end leg 9 in. below the main bed. That gives it the ability to turn a 38 in. round blank of wood. You will need the banjo extention to turn the piece, though.There is a remote tripod made by Powermatic that is independent of the lathe which allows a workpiece from the center of the tailstock to the floor, depending on the heighth of your lathe. The tripod is quite expensive, though, new. Hopefully helpful, Max, disguised as dustpan.

PM has a pair of bed extensions available. One long with a leg set and another short one, similar to what's available on the Jet. From the info I've read, the short extension can be mounted one of 2 ways. You can either bolt it onto the end of the bed or lower on the legs on the newer 3520 unit.

I also saved a post someone gave on bolting a Vicmarc external stand onto a Jet. It should be pretty much the same with the PM but would have to be adjusted for the differences in size. I'm pretty sure it was on this website I saw the posting: http://www.woodworkforums.ubeaut.com.au/index.php?
I saved a hardcopy if you can't find it.

Paul

Back