• We just finished moving the forums to a new hosting server. It looks like everything is functioning correctly but if you find a problem please report it in the Forum Technical Support Forum (click here) or email us at forum_moderator AT aawforum.org. Thanks!
  • Beware of Counterfeit Woodturning Tools (click here for details)
  • Johnathan Silwones is starting a new AAW chapter, Southern Alleghenies Woodturners, in Johnstown, PA. (click here for details)
  • Congratulations to Dave Roberts for "2 Hats" being selected as Turning of the Week for April 22, 2024 (click here for details)
  • Welcome new registering member. Your username must be your real First and Last name (for example: John Doe). "Screen names" and "handles" are not allowed and your registration will be deleted if you don't use your real name. Also, do not use all caps nor all lower case.

Putting back together a Woodturners Wonders electric drill.

I’ve got this one, as many of you do. Started making noise and I was sure chips and dust were inside—they were. So, idiot that I am, after removing the 9 screws that hold the two halves together, I opened it and the handle and a little metal piece disassembled before I could take a picture of how it is arranged. Now I can’t get it back together. Anybody have a picture?

Attachments

• IMG_5582.jpeg
    IMG_5582.jpeg
    26.7 KB · Views: 19
On the chance they might be somewhat similar, here’s the exploded parts diagram that came with my 8000 series Sioux angle drill. Hope it helps.

Attachments

• IMG_0118.jpeg
    IMG_0118.jpeg
    87 KB · Views: 23
I’ve got this one, as many of you do. Started making noise and I was sure chips and dust were inside—they were. So, idiot that I am, after removing the 9 screws that hold the two halves together, I opened it and the handle and a little metal piece disassembled before I could take a picture of how it is arranged. Now I can’t get it back together. Anybody have a picture?
I have the red neiko version. Had mine apart last night. Was the metal piece that came out a metal wire looking thing with a hook on the end?

If so you will see where the handle "hub" fits in a hole and the wire just sits in there and the handle pushes it back to the speed/reversing module. There are two spots that the wire sits in along the length of the tool to keep it in place when the plastic halves are put together. You kind of have to stand the wire the right direction to get the hook to operate/orient properly. Describing stuff is not my strong point obviously.

I have the red neiko version. Had mine apart last night. Was the metal piece that came out a metal wire looking thing with a hook on the end?

If so you will see where the handle "hub" fits in a hole and the wire just sits in there and the handle pushes it back to the speed/reversing module. There are two spots that the wire sits in along the length of the tool to keep it in place when the plastic halves are put together. You kind of have to stand the wire the right direction to get the hook to operate/orient properly. Describing stuff is not my strong point obviously.
Exactly. Got a picture?

Last edited:
Here you go. Make sure you don't overtighten the screws especially the one at the base of the trigger it will make it stick.

The wire rod just sits in there and the other half of the case holds it in place.

I started at the end where the main wire comes out to re-install the plastic case. Seemed to work easier.

Attachments

• PXL_20240310_053422121.jpg
    PXL_20240310_053422121.jpg
    676.6 KB · Views: 38
  • PXL_20240310_053406797.jpg
    PXL_20240310_053406797.jpg
    617.9 KB · Views: 38
  • PXL_20240310_053413538.jpg
    PXL_20240310_053413538.jpg
    549.6 KB · Views: 37
  • PXL_20240310_053454051.MP.jpg
    PXL_20240310_053454051.MP.jpg
    409 KB · Views: 37
I've had I think 4 of those neikos. These last two are acting up but they have lasted longer than the first two. I'm crediting it to better surface off the tool and less sanding.

That being said I bought an old Milwaukee version 0375-1? Off eBay and even heavily used and abused it is a better machine. So now the neikos have become emergency backup. I even purchased another Milwaukee from a guy selling his tools the other day. I feel like someone on here that has a collection for back up! lol NOT! I'll never be on his level.

I feel like someone on here that has a collection for back up!
Odie is the person with a collection of the tools. On his advice, after my cheap (plastic) tool died, I found a gently used Milwaukee drill on eBay. It’s been a tank. Didn’t read the listing carefully enough and discovered that it didn’t include a chuck key. I was able to get one for a few dollars from Milwaukee.

Back