• Beware of Counterfeit Woodturning Tools (click here for details)
  • Johnathan Silwones is starting a new AAW chapter, Southern Alleghenies Woodturners, in Johnstown, PA. (click here for details)
  • Congratulations to Paul May for "Checkerboard (ver 3.0)" being selected as Turning of the Week for March 25, 2024 (click here for details)
  • Welcome new registering member. Your username must be your real First and Last name (for example: John Doe). "Screen names" and "handles" are not allowed and your registration will be deleted if you don't use your real name. Also, do not use all caps nor all lower case.

Putting Images in a Post

Bill Boehme

Administrator
Staff member
Beta Tester
TOTW Team
Website
pbase.com
There a several ways to place images in a post. This tutorial shows how to place pictures that are on your Windows computer into a post. I don't ave a Mac so I would appreciate any guidance here. In the example below I have entered some text and then want to insert the image below the text. Click on "UPLOAD A FILE" to open Windows Explorer.

how-to-1a.jpg

With Windows Explorer open, go to the directory that contains the picture that you want to upload. As shown below, click on the desired picture (it will either be an icon or a list of file names depending on how you have it set up) and then click on OPEN.

how-to-2a.jpg

You will then see an icon of the picture beneath the text box as shown below.

how-to-3a.jpg

This next step is important ... click on the desired insertion point for the picture. If you don't choose an insertion point then the picture will be placed before the text. You can choose to insert a thumbnail placeholder for the picture or the full size image. In this example I clicked on FULL IMAGE.

how-to-4a.jpg

I decided to add more text after the picture and I could have repeated the process to add additional pictures. When finally done, I click on POST REPLY.

how-to-5a.jpg

I hope that this tutorial is helpful. I would appreciate any feedback on ways to improve it.

Just my opinion, but from the reader's perspective it's better if you insert a Thumbnail than the Full Image, particularly if the reader is using a small screen device. The reader can expand the thumbnail with a tap/click, but it's much easier to read the text around a thumbnail than a full size picture.

Back