• Beware of Counterfeit Woodturning Tools (click here for details)
  • Johnathan Silwones is starting a new AAW chapter, Southern Alleghenies Woodturners, in Johnstown, PA. (click here for details)
  • Congratulations to Peter Jacobson for "Red Winged Burl Bowl" being selected as Turning of the Week for April 29, 2024 (click here for details)
  • Welcome new registering member. Your username must be your real First and Last name (for example: John Doe). "Screen names" and "handles" are not allowed and your registration will be deleted if you don't use your real name. Also, do not use all caps nor all lower case.

Richard January

I’m originally from Massachusetts, lived in New Hampshire for several years. Fooled around with a home-made lathe my father had when I was a kid. Started turning pens and other small items when I lived in New Hampshire. After retirement I moved to Arizona. I met an Arizona Woodturners Association member at the Arizona State Fair. He suggested that I join. I have been a member for three years. My shop is a 1 car garage. I currently turn on a Nova 1624-II with a DVR motor upgrade. I turn mostly bowls, but am trying to branch out to hollowforms. Club members have helped me improve my techniques. I’m planning on upgrading to a larger lathe with hopes of larger bowls and some lathe based embelishments. I look forward to great information from AAW and the Forum.

Welcome! The AAW membership and the local chapter will be worth its weight in ebony.
Was at Waterville Valley, NH for a conference. Got off the interstate and was greeted with a Moose Crossing warning sign.

Mark Hepburn

Artist & Chef
Welcome Richard! You'll find this a friendly and informative place to hang out.

Mark

Back