• Beware of Counterfeit Woodturning Tools (click here for details)
  • Johnathan Silwones is starting a new AAW chapter, Southern Alleghenies Woodturners, in Johnstown, PA. (click here for details)
  • Congratulations to Peter Jacobson for "Red Winged Burl Bowl" being selected as Turning of the Week for April 29, 2024 (click here for details)
  • Welcome new registering member. Your username must be your real First and Last name (for example: John Doe). "Screen names" and "handles" are not allowed and your registration will be deleted if you don't use your real name. Also, do not use all caps nor all lower case.

Scott Lynn

Hi my name is Scott I live in Anson tx. I got a delta 1675 lathe with a 16 inch swing plus outboard if I want I only been turning for 6 months and I love it. I get all my wood from local brush pile or friends mostly mesquite and pecan and oak for thats all thats here lol I do alot of live edge bowls and vases. I usally use shallac and blo for a finish but recently got some arm r seal gonna make my own danish oil and see if it is better but I'm a shallac fan so far hope this was a good introduction .

Attachments

• 20190803_111323.jpg
    20190803_111323.jpg
    384.4 KB · Views: 21
Yea I like the colors of it but it stains my hands purple but it is a Beutiful wood and one of the easier woods to cut here but has alot of voids and cracks due to wood ants but makes them unique in my opinion. I just wanted to say thank you for the add hope to learn lots and maybe help of those in need.

Welcome! I have a stack of pecan. I turn pens and find the wood to have an open surface like oak. Other members here can share their experience in turning other items from it.

hockenbery

Forum MVP
Beta Tester
TOTW Team
Website
www.hockenberywoodturning.com
Welcome,

if you have not already done so, check out the local chapters of the AAW.
It may be long drive- but well worth the effort
Texas has many fine chapters and they work to put onSWAT IN Waco every year- a terrific regional symposium.

the local chapters offer so much.

I drive about an hour to get to two chapters I belong to.

Welcome,

if you have not already done so, check out the local chapters of the AAW.
It may be long drive- but well worth the effort
Texas has many fine chapters and they work to put onSWAT IN Waco every year- a terrific regional symposium.

the local chapters offer so much.

I drive about an hour to get to two chapters I belong to.
Yea I looked up on the new aaw site closest chapter to me is in San Angelo I also looked into the Waco one swat both places are 2 hrs or more away sadley maybe I can make it to one of them

Welcome! I have a stack of pecan. I turn pens and find the wood to have an open surface like oak. Other members here can share their experience in turning other items from it.
Yea I love to turn pecan it has a nice smell when I take my mask off plus like you said the grains and colors are awesome here is a pic of my first plate I made it was with pecan

Attachments

• 20191215_184528.jpg
    20191215_184528.jpg
    278.1 KB · Views: 4
Back