• Beware of Counterfeit Woodturning Tools (click here for details)
  • Johnathan Silwones is starting a new AAW chapter, Southern Alleghenies Woodturners, in Johnstown, PA. (click here for details)
  • Congratulations to Keven Jesequel for "Big Leaf Maple" being selected as Turning of the Week for April 15, 2024 (click here for details)
  • Welcome new registering member. Your username must be your real First and Last name (for example: John Doe). "Screen names" and "handles" are not allowed and your registration will be deleted if you don't use your real name. Also, do not use all caps nor all lower case.

Selling Page

While going through some older issues of AAW Journal (2008-2009) I saw reference to a page on the AAW website for people to post photos and sell their work. Does anyone know the history of that endeavor?

I was working the AAW website at that time, and set up that short-lived member's benefit facility on the site. It wasn't used much, and I think it died during the turbulent 2010-2011 period.

odie

TOTW Team
Panning for Montana gold, with Betsy, the mule!
I was working the AAW website at that time, and set up that short-lived member's benefit facility on the site. It wasn't used much, and I think it died during the turbulent 2010-2011 period.
Hi Ed....

I'd bet some of your super great turnings would benefit from an AAW membership showcase..... If we could get prospective buyers to take a look. It's possible that a selling page could work for AAW members, if the members were to contribute to an advertising effort. I see advertisements come up on internet sites, my email account, when I check the weather, etc. With a combined budget for the entire showcase, it might be possible........

It would take a creative "click-bait" method of getting people to be curious about what's available...... I think we have a few computer and advertising savvy people in the membership, who might be able to make that happen.

I'm contributing to an advertising effort on Etsy, and get notifications that my bowls occasionally get offsite traffic to Etsy.....the same sort of thing could be done through AAW, I suspect...

-----odie-----

Last edited:
...the same sort of thing could be done through AAW, I suspect...

-----odie-----
My experience is that things like that have a hard time gaining traction in relatively small non-profits like AAW. But, if you wanted to pursue it, the best approach might be to contact the current AAW webmaster or someone in the St Paul office.

Back