• We just finished moving the forums to a new hosting server. It looks like everything is functioning correctly but if you find a problem please report it in the Forum Technical Support Forum (click here) or email us at forum_moderator AT aawforum.org. Thanks!
  • Beware of Counterfeit Woodturning Tools (click here for details)
  • Johnathan Silwones is starting a new AAW chapter, Southern Alleghenies Woodturners, in Johnstown, PA. (click here for details)
  • Congratulations to Dave Roberts for "2 Hats" being selected as Turning of the Week for April 22, 2024 (click here for details)
  • Welcome new registering member. Your username must be your real First and Last name (for example: John Doe). "Screen names" and "handles" are not allowed and your registration will be deleted if you don't use your real name. Also, do not use all caps nor all lower case.

Simple Woodturning Tools and Using Woodpecker/Easy Wood Tools Carbide Inserts, Do They Work?

Hello,

I’m looking at the Simple Woodturning Tools and their modular carbide tool system. I like their interchangeable handles but would prefer to use Easy Wood Tools and Woodpecker inserts for some special projects/situations, does anyone know if the three brands are the same size/interchangeable? Thank you.

Arizona Carbide (azcarbide.com) has a Cross Reference chart on their website for their carbides--lists cutter type, size and screw size for many brands including the 3 you list. By looking at that chart, and the specific tools you're looking at, it may be the best chance to get a clear indication on how the inserts may interchange between brands.

Welcome to the forums!!

Thank you. Doesn’t look like they have the Simple Woodturning Tools brand listed. Haven’t been able to find much info was hoping maybe someone had tried.

I have quite a bit of turning/carbide experience and it’s not the quality of the carbide that’s the concern it’s the selection of inserts available. EWT has bead cutters for example which make it easy to do the exact same bead over and over. I’m interested in interchangeable tools from Simple Woodturning Tools to keep from having to buy a ton handles or constantly rotating inserts. I only mentioned Woodpecker because I know they’re interchangeable with EWT so confirming either brand would answer my question. Thanks!

Back