• Beware of Counterfeit Woodturning Tools (click here for details)
  • Johnathan Silwones is starting a new AAW chapter, Southern Alleghenies Woodturners, in Johnstown, PA. (click here for details)
  • Congratulations to Jim Hills for "Journey II" being selected as Turning of the Week for May 6th, 2024 (click here for details)
  • Welcome new registering member. Your username must be your real First and Last name (for example: John Doe). "Screen names" and "handles" are not allowed and your registration will be deleted if you don't use your real name. Also, do not use all caps nor all lower case.

Starting out

Looks like a lateral motion of the router tied to rotation of spindle? A mechanical connection or have you gone digital?

Back after another week.

IMG_6611.jpeg
As I am hands-on busy with the projects I often forget to take photos.

Harvey showing me how to register the jig to start the horizontal cuts.
IMG_5774.jpeg

Some of the many “Tinkertoys”
IMG_5945.jpeg

The swing arm on the index wheel that rotates the piece as the router cuts across the face.
IMG_5926.jpeg

Apprenticeship over I moved the lathe and tooling 3 hrs 50 minutes south, installed it in my shop, and the learning continues.

Attachments

• IMG_9081.jpeg
    IMG_9081.jpeg
    526 KB · Views: 15
  • IMG_9067.jpeg
    IMG_9067.jpeg
    520.2 KB · Views: 15
Lovely work Pat.
Could you post more details on Harveys machine?
I realise there are lots of variables but I'm interested especially after the recent article in the AAW magazine.
Contemplating a lathe build and wondering which route to take.

Jon

Website
www.rogueturner.com
Pat — Yes, I will be there! I look forward to seeing your pieces, and possibly meeting you too.

I assume he won’t be coming, but if you see Harvey before the symposium, say hi to him for me.

Cheers,

—Jon

I’m volunteering at Registration so I’ll keep an eye out for you. Harvey is visiting in a week and a half, so I’ll extend your greetings. And, as of now Harvey says he is not going to Portland, but asked if I might bring a piece of his to show.

Back