• Beware of Counterfeit Woodturning Tools (click here for details)
  • Johnathan Silwones is starting a new AAW chapter, Southern Alleghenies Woodturners, in Johnstown, PA. (click here for details)
  • Congratulations to Paul May for "Checkerboard (ver 3.0)" being selected as Turning of the Week for March 25, 2024 (click here for details)
  • Welcome new registering member. Your username must be your real First and Last name (for example: John Doe). "Screen names" and "handles" are not allowed and your registration will be deleted if you don't use your real name. Also, do not use all caps nor all lower case.

Symposium Club Projects

Please post photos and bios of your club projects
I was looking through a flash drive with digitized slide pictures and came upon the Minnesota Woodturners Association entry for the 1999 (had to go look at the shirt to confirm the year) symposium in Tacoma WA. The 1999 project was a chandelier and almost every part of it was turned wood except for the wiring and light sockets. The basic concept was drawn with AutoCad, and Linda Ferber was working for a copy company so she ran off large scale copies to pass out to the members who wanted to work on it.
1025721-07S-003.JPG 1025721-07S-010.JPG 1025721-07S-018.JPG

Bill-
Jim and Rita are such a an incredible couple. They are members of the club I am a member of ( Carolina Mountain Woodturners ) and Jim is the nicest, most pleasant and un-assuming person. Rita is hilarious - and with a strong New Jersey accent - provides the perfect contrast for Jim's soft spoken southern manner. I teased him recently that he is Rita's translator.:D

Tom Gall

TOTW Team
Bill-
Jim and Rita are such a an incredible couple. They are members of the club I am a member of ( Carolina Mountain Woodturners ) and Jim is the nicest, most pleasant and un-assuming person. Rita is hilarious - and with a strong New Jersey accent - provides the perfect contrast for Jim's soft spoken southern manner. I teased him recently that he is Rita's translator.:D
Hey.....I resemble that remark! ;)

Thankfully I have lived almost all of my life in rural communities. My old hometown is only now starting to be consumed by suburban sprawl, but I havent lived there for 40 years. A couple of short 2-3 year stints living in the big city confirmed it was not and would never be my choice.

Back