• Beware of Counterfeit Woodturning Tools (click here for details)
  • Johnathan Silwones is starting a new AAW chapter, Southern Alleghenies Woodturners, in Johnstown, PA. (click here for details)
  • Congratulations to Paul May for "Checkerboard (ver 3.0)" being selected as Turning of the Week for March 25, 2024 (click here for details)
  • Welcome new registering member. Your username must be your real First and Last name (for example: John Doe). "Screen names" and "handles" are not allowed and your registration will be deleted if you don't use your real name. Also, do not use all caps nor all lower case.

Turning of the Week-- December 20th, 2021

Emiliano Achaval

Administrator
Staff member
Beta Tester
TOTW Team
Website
hawaiiankoaturner.com
It was @john lucas turn this week. His computer in under the weather, so he emailed thru his trusty cell phone his choice of TOTW. Below os what John said:

I pick Skyline Platter #2 By Norm Cloutier. As I go through the gallery, a lot of extraordinary pieces stand out. So the choice becomes which one you keep going back to. The Skyline caught my eye because at first, I'm just interested in the texture of the border. Then upon closer inspection, you realize there are buildings. Lots of buildings. Then you notice the windows that are rectangular and you have to wonder how many and how long it took to do them that well. Then you back off and take in the entire Skyline. How fun is that. Excellent Work Norm.​
SKYLINEPLATTERCOMBINED.jpg

Emiliano Achaval

Administrator
Staff member
Beta Tester
TOTW Team
Website
hawaiiankoaturner.com
Let me be the first one to congratulate Norm! Congratulations! What an amazing piece. What I like the most is like John said, it's like Pandora's box, the more you look, the more you find. Well done! Aloha from Maui

Last edited by a moderator:
Congratulations Norm! Great seeing your piece here, especially after hearing all about it at our club meeting.
Your creativity and craftsmanship are inspiring.

Back