• Beware of Counterfeit Woodturning Tools (click here for details)
  • Johnathan Silwones is starting a new AAW chapter, Southern Alleghenies Woodturners, in Johnstown, PA. (click here for details)
  • Congratulations to Ronald Campbell for "Guardian Penguin" being selected as Turning of the Week for June 10, 2024 (click here for details)
  • Welcome new registering member. Your username must be your real First and Last name (for example: John Doe). "Screen names" and "handles" are not allowed and your registration will be deleted if you don't use your real name. Also, do not use all caps nor all lower case.

Turning of the Week-- December 27th, 2021

hockenbery

Forum MVP
Beta Tester
TOTW Team
Website
www.hockenberywoodturning.com
Bleached Maple Ornament by @James Seyfried is my pick for turning of the week.

This piece popped off the page when I first saw it in the gallery. Just nicely done. The finial combines excellent curved elements separated by crisp details. A subtle but important esthetic is the the curves on the joined finials complete the spherical shape of the globe.
I like ornaments in general and this one is terrific.

This 7.5” x 2.25” ornament features a maple globe that is hollowed and bleached. It has cocobolo finials.
EFFF8A46-73FC-4F57-AC49-2D02FFA1D836.jpeg

James gives inspirational credit to Keith Tompkins. I see a lot of individuality in this ornament that makes it stand above.

Last edited:
Back