• Beware of Counterfeit Woodturning Tools (click here for details)
  • Johnathan Silwones is starting a new AAW chapter, Southern Alleghenies Woodturners, in Johnstown, PA. (click here for details)
  • Congratulations to Peter Jacobson for "Red Winged Burl Bowl" being selected as Turning of the Week for April 29, 2024 (click here for details)
  • Welcome new registering member. Your username must be your real First and Last name (for example: John Doe). "Screen names" and "handles" are not allowed and your registration will be deleted if you don't use your real name. Also, do not use all caps nor all lower case.

Turning of the Week for January 1, 2024

odie

TOTW Team
Panning for Montana gold, with Betsy, the mule!
My choice for TOTW....the first of this new year, is Dave Roberts' "Morphed and Nested" entry
into the AAW member's gallery. This nested set of bowls has been on my mind since he
first posted it. No question that it has a mystique to it that is a draw on one's aesthetic senses.

-o-

full

mys·tique
[miˈstēk]

NOUN
  1. a fascinating aura of mystery, awe, and power surrounding someone or something:

These are beautiful and fascinating! I have no idea how you made these, but I am sure they required SIGNIFICANT skill and a bold sense of beauty!

Tom Gall

TOTW Team
Love the uncontrolled movement and wrinkled texture on these bowls. Great job on this set, Dave ... good choice, Odie.

Website
www.darawoodworks.com
Odie thank you so much for your selection I am honored and thrilled to start 2024 with TOTW. I love your your description Mystique and may use that name depending where this piece goes off to.
Thanks to everyone else as well for your comments and taking the time and interest in my work it is greatly appreciated. cheers

Back