• Beware of Counterfeit Woodturning Tools (click here for details)
  • Johnathan Silwones is starting a new AAW chapter, Southern Alleghenies Woodturners, in Johnstown, PA. (click here for details)
  • Congratulations to Will Armstrong for "Gold Carved Bowl" being selected as Turning of the Week for May 20th, 2024 (click here for details)
  • Welcome new registering member. Your username must be your real First and Last name (for example: John Doe). "Screen names" and "handles" are not allowed and your registration will be deleted if you don't use your real name. Also, do not use all caps nor all lower case.

Turning of the Week for May 8, 2023

john lucas

AAW Forum Expert
A tough decision this month. So many excellent pieces. After much looking, I settled on "Callisto" by Dennis Ramos. I love the contrast and perfect form. The contrast of the texture vs smooth wood and the color of the textured areas balanced nicely with the bottom wood. Very well done.

Callisto

Bill Boehme

Administrator
Staff member
Beta Tester
TOTW Team
Website
pbase.com
Great selection, @john lucas. Congratulations, @Dennis Ramos on a beautifully turned and embellished hollowform. Also, everything about your photography is top-notch. I love the way that you use light and shadows and the background that complements the subject without fighting for the viewer's attention.

Website
www.instagram.com
Great selection, @john lucas. Congratulations, @Dennis Ramos on a beautifully turned and embellished hollowform. Also, everything about your photography is top-notch. I love the way that you use light and shadows and the background that complements the subject without fighting for the viewer's attention.
Thanks so much, Bill! Being a minimal landscape digital and analog photographer really helps in presenting my woodturning works.

Website
www.instagram.com
Thank you for all your wonderful comments and to the admins and AAW teams for the feature. I get my inspirations to all the great works from many artists in this community. Thank you!

john lucas

AAW Forum Expert
Yes I intended to mention the photography. Also thought it was a nice placement of the pith which is a bit unusual but shows his mastery of the wood.

Back