• Beware of Counterfeit Woodturning Tools (click here for details)
  • Johnathan Silwones is starting a new AAW chapter, Southern Alleghenies Woodturners, in Johnstown, PA. (click here for details)
  • Congratulations to Paul May for "Checkerboard (ver 3.0)" being selected as Turning of the Week for March 25, 2024 (click here for details)
  • Welcome new registering member. Your username must be your real First and Last name (for example: John Doe). "Screen names" and "handles" are not allowed and your registration will be deleted if you don't use your real name. Also, do not use all caps nor all lower case.

Turning of the Week for May 9, 2022

john lucas

AAW Forum Expert
My choice for TOTW for the week of May 9, 2022, is Torus of Swiss Stone Pine by Martin Bauer. I've seen lots of Tori done over the years but this one just strikes me as really clean and well done.

full

Outstanding selection! Anyone who has done piercing on a light colored wood knows how impressive this piece is!! Nicely done Martin!!

I'm curious how the hollow torus was made. Maybe two halves glued together then pierced? Or was it a solid piece hollowed by passing a tool through the piercings?

Back