• Beware of Counterfeit Woodturning Tools (click here for details)
  • Johnathan Silwones is starting a new AAW chapter, Southern Alleghenies Woodturners, in Johnstown, PA. (click here for details)
  • Congratulations to Peter Jacobson for "Red Winged Burl Bowl" being selected as Turning of the Week for April 29, 2024 (click here for details)
  • Welcome new registering member. Your username must be your real First and Last name (for example: John Doe). "Screen names" and "handles" are not allowed and your registration will be deleted if you don't use your real name. Also, do not use all caps nor all lower case.

Turning of the Week for November 13, 2023

Tom Gall

TOTW Team
My selection for Turning of the Week for November 13, 2023 is "Pierced Holly Bowl" by Lou Jacobs. Lou has turned a nicely formed little bowl with some tasteful piercing. This is his third attempt at piercing – with major improvements in each version, IMHO. The pierced pattern on this one also adds a new dimension and the upper border is much more refined on this piece. Looking forward to seeing the next one … well done, sir!

There are many fine pieces posted to the Gallery, which can make choosing the TOTW difficult. Lou is a frequent contributor to “Discussions” on this forum (not just a photo poster) … just another reason for my selection.

full

Michael Anderson

Super Moderator
Staff member
TOTW Team
Nice choice, Tom. I enjoy seeing anything Holly. It's a nice canvas, in this case for piercing. Great job Lou, and congratulations!

Wow Tom! Thank you so much. I see this was posted yesterday and somehow I missed it. I’m quite honored. And thank you Michael! I agree about holly being a great blank canvas for all kinds of embellishment.

Back