• We just finished moving the forums to a new hosting server. It looks like everything is functioning correctly but if you find a problem please report it in the Forum Technical Support Forum (click here) or email us at forum_moderator AT aawforum.org. Thanks!
  • Beware of Counterfeit Woodturning Tools (click here for details)
  • Johnathan Silwones is starting a new AAW chapter, Southern Alleghenies Woodturners, in Johnstown, PA. (click here for details)
  • Congratulations to Dave Roberts for "2 Hats" being selected as Turning of the Week for April 22, 2024 (click here for details)
  • Welcome new registering member. Your username must be your real First and Last name (for example: John Doe). "Screen names" and "handles" are not allowed and your registration will be deleted if you don't use your real name. Also, do not use all caps nor all lower case.

Turning of the Week for November 28, 2022

hockenbery

Forum MVP
Beta Tester
TOTW Team
Website
www.hockenberywoodturning.com
My selection for turning of the week is Mushroom Box by Linda Ferber. This small sculptural box is beautiful combination of a fanciful cap atop a realistic base. A lot of detail is evident in this small piece :
  • the use of color to highlight curving carved ridges and little beads in the cap,
  • the elegant curve, earth tone color, and organic groove combine to make a stem that looks edible.

I’ve known Linda a long time and have enjoyed looking at the work she posts.
This is great piece.

11E3B0D3-73BA-4217-B7D7-6EC9F597665C.jpeg
Mushroom Box with blue green and teal color combination. A lot of textures and movement in the cap. The stem has a light coat of white, beige and teal golden paint.

Last edited by a moderator:
Mushroom Box

Great choice. Neat idea making it a box. The finish is outstanding. Well done Linda

I make mushrooms sometimes, but still have no idea why people are fascinated with wood mushrooms.

Mushroom Box

Great choice. Neat idea making it a box. The finish is outstanding. Well done Linda

I make mushrooms sometimes, but still have no idea why people are fascinated with wood mushrooms.
There does seem to be a fascination with mushrooms. I am fascinated with all the possibilities

My selection for turning of the week is Mushroom Box by Linda Ferber. This small sculptural box is beautiful combination of a fanciful cap atop a realistic base. A lot of detail is evident in this small piece :
  • the use of color to highlight curving carved ridges and little beads in the cap,
  • the elegant curve, earth tone color, and organic groove combine to make a stem that looks edible.

This is great piece.

View attachment 48238
Mushroom Box with blue green and teal color combination. A lot of textures and movement in the cap. The stem has a light coat of white, beige and teal golden paint.

Very nice box Linda. Love the texture and the movement it gives it.

This is great piece.

View attachment 48238

This is great piece.

View attachment 48238

Looks great love the color. Well of course green is my favorite.

Back