• Beware of Counterfeit Woodturning Tools (click here for details)
  • Johnathan Silwones is starting a new AAW chapter, Southern Alleghenies Woodturners, in Johnstown, PA. (click here for details)
  • Congratulations to Will Armstrong for "Gold Carved Bowl" being selected as Turning of the Week for May 20th, 2024 (click here for details)
  • Welcome new registering member. Your username must be your real First and Last name (for example: John Doe). "Screen names" and "handles" are not allowed and your registration will be deleted if you don't use your real name. Also, do not use all caps nor all lower case.

Turning Of The Week for September 18, 2023

Tom Gall

TOTW Team
My choice for Turning of the Week for September 18, 2023, is “Stardust” by Greg Gallegos.

I kept coming back to look at this piece. It has it all going for it in my book. It has a great form (perfect egg shape), great color (natural walnut vs. acrylics), multiple textures (smooth vs. carved), and very effective and pleasing color transitions. I especially like how the ball texture imitates the border of the natural walnut & textured surface. Well done, Greg!

full

Donna Banfield

TOTW Team
Definitely agree with all that has been said. I’ve been a very big fan of Greg’s work for a few years now. His dedication to form, matching texture and color is something I really admire in his work. Congratulations, Greg!

Nice choice Tom and excellent piece Greg! The texturing, coloring and creative placement of these item on a fabulous form simply “Rock”!!

Back