• Beware of Counterfeit Woodturning Tools (click here for details)
  • Johnathan Silwones is starting a new AAW chapter, Southern Alleghenies Woodturners, in Johnstown, PA. (click here for details)
  • Congratulations to Paul May for "Checkerboard (ver 3.0)" being selected as Turning of the Week for March 25, 2024 (click here for details)
  • Welcome new registering member. Your username must be your real First and Last name (for example: John Doe). "Screen names" and "handles" are not allowed and your registration will be deleted if you don't use your real name. Also, do not use all caps nor all lower case.

Used Robust AB

Status
Not open for further replies.
I bought this beautiful lathe new in 2013, but sadly I just have not used it that much. I can hire someone to crate it if it was being shipped. We are 2.5 hours north of Spokane, WA on the US/Canada border. The border is supposed to be open again for personal travel towards in November, but that remains to be seen yet. I haven't settled on a selling price at this point, basically because I can't find any others for sale used to compare mine to.

shawnaaw@opayq.com

Thanks,
Shawn

Attachments

• Robust AB Order.jpg
    Robust AB Order.jpg
    143.1 KB · Views: 252
  • P1050048.JPG
    P1050048.JPG
    356 KB · Views: 236
Last edited:
It’s been a struggle to come to grips with actually selling this beautiful machine, but it’s just something I gotta grit my teeth and do. My dealer said it should go for US7500 with the options it has and it’s extremely low hours.

One thing I should mention is that I made the mistake of using a Oneway faceplate early on, which had extremely poorly machined threads, which caused some damage to the spindle. The threads have been filed correctly to repair them. This has no effect on the machine now, but it is visible on close inspection and I want to be upfront about that.

Ideally someone within driving range who have shown interest will buy it as crating it would cost quite a bit of time and materials, but I do have experience shipping industrial equipment and can get the buyer multiple freight quotes as well.

We live on the Grand Forks, BC which is right in the US border about 2.5 hours north of Spokane, WA. Things have eased considerably for people coming into Canada but a pre-entry molecular test is still required as is being fully vaccinated individuals. Our understanding is that many are getting access to free tests at Walgreens and CVS, but you will need to cal the ones you want to use to book the appointment and confirm the cost. Re-entry to the US is much simpler and from a duty perspective, this machine qualifies for duty free treatment as “US goods returning without further improvements”.

For Canadian’s who might be interested, GST will be changed on the sale, and PST if sold to someone in British Columbia. These are exempt for those in the US.

I will be selling of most of my tooling separately which includes a few chucks, three piece Oneway coring tool, and an unused Jamison hollowing system.

For those in Canada, I also have a 20’ container filled with fully dried, black walnut and maple bowl blanks that has a large amount of figuring, feathers and many other beautiful features. All were sealed with Anchorseal to ensue crack free drying. Unfortunately shipping them to the US requires proof of chemical or heat treatments for pest control which I can’t provide.

Attachments

• 8ECFBE05-A769-4694-99F2-C1C78212EAC6.jpeg
    8ECFBE05-A769-4694-99F2-C1C78212EAC6.jpeg
    342.5 KB · Views: 89
  • EBBC03A4-68AC-40BE-A8AD-29AC0F865493.jpeg
    EBBC03A4-68AC-40BE-A8AD-29AC0F865493.jpeg
    330.2 KB · Views: 88
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back