• Beware of Counterfeit Woodturning Tools (click here for details)
  • Johnathan Silwones is starting a new AAW chapter, Southern Alleghenies Woodturners, in Johnstown, PA. (click here for details)
  • Congratulations to Peter Jacobson for "Red Winged Burl Bowl" being selected as Turning of the Week for April 29, 2024 (click here for details)
  • Welcome new registering member. Your username must be your real First and Last name (for example: John Doe). "Screen names" and "handles" are not allowed and your registration will be deleted if you don't use your real name. Also, do not use all caps nor all lower case.

Voting reminder

hockenbery

Forum MVP
Beta Tester
TOTW Team
Website
www.hockenberywoodturning.com
Be sure to vote for your AAW board members. Remind your AAW friends to vote. As my Philadelphia friends used to say vote early and often.

Voting via the web site will remain open through 21 Oct 2007. (Paper ballots must be postmarked by 21 Oct 2007)

The on line system worked really well for me. From the AAW home Page go to the members only area. login and vote.
Should you vote Philadelphia style, Ed Davidson, our web master, assures us only your last vote will count.

we have 6 excellent candidates for three board positions:

Cory Anderson
Temple Blackwood
Tony Cortese
Bill Haskell
Malcolm Tibbetts
Tom Wirsing

Read the candidate statements pages 6,7,8 American Woodturner, Fall 2007.

Regards,
Al Hockenbery
Nominating Comiittee

Al, you're actually quoting Mayor Richard Daily of Chicago...or perhaps your Philly friends are. And I'm refering to the first Mayor Daily and not his son the current Mayor of the windy city who most likely encourages the same thing:D

Are the statements online?

Be sure to vote for your AAW board members. Remind your AAW friends to vote. As my Philadelphia friends used to say vote early and often.

Voting via the web site will remain open through 21 Oct 2007. (Paper ballots must be postmarked by 21 Oct 2007)

The on line system worked really well for me. From the AAW home Page go to the members only area. login and vote.
Should you vote Philadelphia style, Ed Davidson, our web master, assures us only your last vote will count.

we have 6 excellent candidates for three board positions:

Cory Anderson
Temple Blackwood
Tony Cortese
Bill Haskell
Malcolm Tibbetts
Tom Wirsing

Read the candidate statements pages 6,7,8 American Woodturner, Fall 2007.

Regards,
Al Hockenbery
Nominating Comiittee

Could the candidates' statements be online? I can't find my Woodturner!
Regards,
Richard

hockenbery

Forum MVP
Beta Tester
TOTW Team
Website
www.hockenberywoodturning.com
If you have misplaced your journal or it was eaten by your dog like mine was once. Send me a private message or e-mail.

Richard,
I sent you a private message with a link to the scanned pages.
the quality is not as good as the printed Journal.

It should do nicely if you don't find your journal.

-Al

Being from Chicago originally, I always thought our motto was "Vote early and vote often."

Back