• We just finished moving the forums to a new hosting server. It looks like everything is functioning correctly but if you find a problem please report it in the Forum Technical Support Forum (click here) or email us at forum_moderator AT aawforum.org. Thanks!
  • Beware of Counterfeit Woodturning Tools (click here for details)
  • Johnathan Silwones is starting a new AAW chapter, Southern Alleghenies Woodturners, in Johnstown, PA. (click here for details)
  • Congratulations to Dave Roberts for "2 Hats" being selected as Turning of the Week for April 22, 2024 (click here for details)
  • Welcome new registering member. Your username must be your real First and Last name (for example: John Doe). "Screen names" and "handles" are not allowed and your registration will be deleted if you don't use your real name. Also, do not use all caps nor all lower case.

Wanted: Woodfast Faceplate that is 3" with a 1 1/4" X 8 TPI

I am looking for an original Woodfast Faceplate that is 3" with a 1 1/4" X 8 TPI that was imported to the US in the late 1990's to early 2000's. I need the deep nut on the threaded end.

odie

TOTW Team
Panning for Montana gold, with Betsy, the mule!
I need the deep nut on the threaded end.

I have an original Woodfast 3" faceplate, but unfortunately I'm not willing to sell mine.

I am curious as to what the "deep nut on the threaded end" is. My Woodfast faceplate has two flats that mate with the Woodfast wrench that is originally supplied with the new lathe. Could you be referring to the flats, or something else?

-----odie-----

Odie: The original faceplate has two flat spots to mate with the Woodfast wrenches that is approximately 1 inch. The faceplate that Rikon has to be used with there updated version of the Woodfast lathe is just over 1/2". I need the faceplate with the 1" flat spot. Thanks.

odie

TOTW Team
Panning for Montana gold, with Betsy, the mule!
Odie: The original faceplate has two flat spots to mate with the Woodfast wrenches that is approximately 1 inch. The faceplate that Rikon has to be used with there updated version of the Woodfast lathe is just over 1/2". I need the faceplate with the 1" flat spot. Thanks.

OK, I get it now, Andy.......good luck in finding the correct faceplate.

-----odie-----

Kent: I forgot to put in the listing that the flat spot where the wrenches go on the faceplate needs to be approximately 1 inch over the threads . They also have one where the flat spot is about 1/2 inches over the threads. I have one of those and it does not work for the jig I use as it is not deep enough. Thank you Andy

Wonder why they do not make chucks and faceplates like that flat spot anymore....I have wrestled with my chuck a couple times

Back