• Beware of Counterfeit Woodturning Tools (click here for details)
  • Johnathan Silwones is starting a new AAW chapter, Southern Alleghenies Woodturners, in Johnstown, PA. (click here for details)
  • Congratulations to Jim Hills for "Journey II" being selected as Turning of the Week for May 6th, 2024 (click here for details)
  • Welcome new registering member. Your username must be your real First and Last name (for example: John Doe). "Screen names" and "handles" are not allowed and your registration will be deleted if you don't use your real name. Also, do not use all caps nor all lower case.

What’s on your lathe?

Michael Anderson

Super Moderator
Staff member
TOTW Team
Finishing up a Black Cherry serving bowl as gift for my mom on Mother's Day. This will be about 11" x 3.75" when finished. Just added the first coat of danish oil. I don't make many open bowls like this, so it's a nice change of pace. I added a couple of mediocre beads to the exterior for a bit of functionality.

IMG_8248.JPG

1/2 inch tool handle. Finally got around to using the one way ferrule I bought back when I started.

Hedge apple wood polished and waxed.

I was sneaking up on it for the taper under the ferrule. Must have really surprised it because instead of it being a screw on ferrule it's an epoxied on ferrule now. hmm drinking thread. how many times can I use the word ferrule in a post..........

Attachments

• PXL_20240511_020811548.jpg
    PXL_20240511_020811548.jpg
    446.5 KB · Views: 0
Back