• Beware of Counterfeit Woodturning Tools (click here for details)
  • Johnathan Silwones is starting a new AAW chapter, Southern Alleghenies Woodturners, in Johnstown, PA. (click here for details)
  • Congratulations to Paul May for "Checkerboard (ver 3.0)" being selected as Turning of the Week for March 25, 2024 (click here for details)
  • Welcome new registering member. Your username must be your real First and Last name (for example: John Doe). "Screen names" and "handles" are not allowed and your registration will be deleted if you don't use your real name. Also, do not use all caps nor all lower case.

Who won the Powermatic Lathe Raffle?

Does anyone know who won the Powermatic lathe raffle at the symposium? :confused:

not me

Not me some guy from Conn or Wisc I think wasn't paying attention was eating at the Banquet

Not me some guy from Conn or Wisc I think wasn't paying attention was eating at the Banquet

Hey, Tim,

Good to see you're home safe and sound. I remember seeing the drawing, but there was so much noise around me that the tin ears maxed out so I couldn't hear much of anything.

m

Last edited:
The first name drawn was given the mini-lathe which took his name out of drawing for the painted Powermatic. I feel that the first name drawn should have been for the Powermatic.

Ames, Iowa (about 25 miles north of Des Moines)
Website
rwallace.public.iastate.edu
The first name drawn was given the mini-lathe which took his name out of drawing for the painted Powermatic. I feel that the first name drawn should have been for the Powermatic.

Marvin:

We said the same thing at our table! The guy who was lucky enough to get a name drawn first should have been awarded the grand prize. I suppose winning something is better than nothing, but I agree it should have been turned around. The guy was in attendance at the banquet (sitting WAY at the back of the room) but I haven't a clue what his name is (or where he was from). I am sure it will be included in the next issue of American Woodturner.

Rob

It's the drama, Dude! They always save to biggest for last. If they announced the winner for Best Picture first, they'd loose most all of their viewing audience after the first 5 minutes.;)

best for last

They could have awarded the first one the powermatic but announced his name last.

Oh wait that takes thought LOL:rolleyes:

Painted Powermatic winner

The winner of the Painted Powermatic was Scott K. from Wisconsin, a member of the Milwaukee club. He is looking to sell it if anyone is interested in rare lathe/painted piece from Binh.

Thanks

Thanks Tom

Back