• Beware of Counterfeit Woodturning Tools (click here for details)
  • Johnathan Silwones is starting a new AAW chapter, Southern Alleghenies Woodturners, in Johnstown, PA. (click here for details)
  • Congratulations to Paul May for "Checkerboard (ver 3.0)" being selected as Turning of the Week for March 25, 2024 (click here for details)
  • Welcome new registering member. Your username must be your real First and Last name (for example: John Doe). "Screen names" and "handles" are not allowed and your registration will be deleted if you don't use your real name. Also, do not use all caps nor all lower case.

Wig stands?

An advertising flyer slows a business selling wigs, hair pieces and wig care products. I recall someone said they made stands for those who use these products. Anyone here do this?

Last edited:
An advertising flyer slows a business selling wigs, hair pieces and wig care products. I recall someone said they made stands for those who use these products. Anyone here do this?
Two NJ groups, Atlantic Shore Woodturners, and NJ Woodturners, got together and made wig stands for a cancer center in Princeton, NJ. Here's the 3 I made. They actually are all straight. The camera made the 2 on the outside look like they .leanwig stands.jpg

My little club Tri State Woodturing Guild turned a bunch for the Cancer Society in the Erie PA area.

Attachments

• TSWG.jpg
    TSWG.jpg
    223.2 KB · Views: 15
Interesting form. I was thinking it would be more like the size and shape of a head to facilitate hair dressing.

Like this
View attachment 38994
They don't want a lot of contact between the wig and the support. Some cancer patients can go through periods of heavy sweating, especially during the summer. One of the purposes of the stand is to let the wig dry after they take it off. Most say to use a good polyurethane on the top piece just for that reason.

Back