• Beware of Counterfeit Woodturning Tools (click here for details)
  • Johnathan Silwones is starting a new AAW chapter, Southern Alleghenies Woodturners, in Johnstown, PA. (click here for details)
  • Congratulations to Paul May for "Checkerboard (ver 3.0)" being selected as Turning of the Week for March 25, 2024 (click here for details)
  • Welcome new registering member. Your username must be your real First and Last name (for example: John Doe). "Screen names" and "handles" are not allowed and your registration will be deleted if you don't use your real name. Also, do not use all caps nor all lower case.

Woodcut Bowl Saver 3

The extra knife for larger bowls, beefed up platform, and an optional laser system for showing the exact arc of the kerf, so one can dial in the adjustments, and not make the bottom too thin, or go into the tenon. Works great.

The extra knife for larger bowls, beefed up platform, and an optional laser system for showing the exact arc of the kerf, so one can dial in the adjustments, and not make the bottom too thin, or go into the tenon. Works great.
Hi all, firstly apologies for the very delayed response, I can confirm on behalf of Woodcut Tools that yes essentially the main difference between the Woodcut Bowlsaver original and Max 3 is for the Max 3 the cast steel platform for stability for coring large dense, hard bowls and the larger radius blade. Please let us know if we can assist you with further information support@woodcut-tools.com

Best regards

Dan Hewitt

There is a great new video by Kerry Corney with tips on using the BowlSaver. Bowl coring Fundamentals Every woodtuner NEEDS to know: NO catches, tenon snapping. (youtube.com)
I watched a few of Kerry Corney's videos yesterday, and found them well presented and seemed like really added what i think will be good tips. He also does a good description of why he does things in a concise manner that i think will help me. Now i just need to get my tail out in the shop and try my Woodcut on my own. (bought a used two-knife system in the fall, and while winter has been mild, i've been in hibernation!!)

Back