• We just finished moving the forums to a new hosting server. It looks like everything is functioning correctly but if you find a problem please report it in the Forum Technical Support Forum (click here) or email us at forum_moderator AT aawforum.org. Thanks!
  • Beware of Counterfeit Woodturning Tools (click here for details)
  • Johnathan Silwones is starting a new AAW chapter, Southern Alleghenies Woodturners, in Johnstown, PA. (click here for details)
  • Congratulations to Dave Roberts for "2 Hats" being selected as Turning of the Week for April 22, 2024 (click here for details)
  • Welcome new registering member. Your username must be your real First and Last name (for example: John Doe). "Screen names" and "handles" are not allowed and your registration will be deleted if you don't use your real name. Also, do not use all caps nor all lower case.

WTB used lathe for my father

I know it's a long shot but if anyone near Asheville, North Carolina has a lathe that they are wanting sell. I am buying. I would be willing to drive around 100-150 miles for the right machine. Also, it is for my father who lives in Chapel hill so anywhere near that would work as well.

He has an old delta benchtop lathe (46-701) and wants to upgrade to something that he can turn larger pieces on. i'd say at least 16" swing but more would be better and especially if it has the ability to do outboard turning. We just got outbid on a Jet 1640 EVS that he was pretty excited about so anything in that range is what we are looking for. I have a PM3520A that I was lucky enough to get on the used market at a reasonable price and I'm hoping that I can find something similar for my dad!

Please PM me if you have anything you would like to sell or know of anything in the southeast.

Thanks!
Charlie

How much money are you willing to spend? I purchased an American Beauty with a 20" swing seven/eight months ago. It's the short bed, tailstock swing-away, 3HP motor. I purchased it as a dealer's floor model and it truly is in flawless condition. I've had some life circumstances change that are forcing me to reconsider this purchase. This is a premium machine and maybe too much for your Father...but then again, you may be interested in treating it to yourself and then gifting your PM to Dad. I live in MD and I'm about 6-hours north of you. Just an idea, let me know if you're interested, thanks.

I know it's a long shot but if anyone near Asheville, North Carolina has a lathe that they are wanting sell. I am buying. I would be willing to drive around 100-150 miles for the right machine. Also, it is for my father who lives in Chapel hill so anywhere near that would work as well.

He has an old delta benchtop lathe (46-701) and wants to upgrade to something that he can turn larger pieces on. i'd say at least 16" swing but more would be better and especially if it has the ability to do outboard turning. We just got outbid on a Jet 1640 EVS that he was pretty excited about so anything in that range is what we are looking for. I have a PM3520A that I was lucky enough to get on the used market at a reasonable price and I'm hoping that I can find something similar for my dad!

Please PM me if you have anything you would like to sell or know of anything in the southeast.

Thanks!
Charlie

cant go too far wrong with this

1710111333591.png

Back