• Beware of Counterfeit Woodturning Tools (click here for details)
  • Johnathan Silwones is starting a new AAW chapter, Southern Alleghenies Woodturners, in Johnstown, PA. (click here for details)
  • Congratulations to Jim Hills for "Journey II" being selected as Turning of the Week for May 6th, 2024 (click here for details)
  • Welcome new registering member. Your username must be your real First and Last name (for example: John Doe). "Screen names" and "handles" are not allowed and your registration will be deleted if you don't use your real name. Also, do not use all caps nor all lower case.
2206 Goncalo Alves.
odie

2206 Goncalo Alves.

Finished 3/26/2023, 9 9/16" x 1 7/8". Unfortunately, this is a reject bowl. It has a hairline crack at about 5 o'clock in this photo. I forced epoxy into the crack, and it is structurally sound.....but it remained too noticeable for me to try selling it. Reject bowls are donated to the ladies at my church.

-----odie-----
Nice way to share you passion, Odie. Maybe a little extra credit down the road.

Thanks Doug and Michael......

There is that little voice in my head that resists giving away as many bowls as I do, but I also subscribe to the thinking that being charitable is a product of my values, which reject money as my primary purpose in life.....and, as you suggest, that spirit does boomerang in ways that I don't conceive now in the moment......but, I'm always thankful for later! :)

-----odie-----

Do your bowls start from slabs of wood?
Mostly cut blanks. Some are KD, as this one was......although KD doesn't necessarily mean that it's fully seasoned. Some are very wet and unseasoned. Some have been in storage for years prior to my obtaining them. I get them from a variety of sources, and in a variety of conditions.

-----odie-----

Media information

Category
Member Galleries
Added by
odie
Date added
View count
Comment count
Rating
0.00 star(s) 0 ratings

Image metadata