• Beware of Counterfeit Woodturning Tools (click here for details)
  • Johnathan Silwones is starting a new AAW chapter, Southern Alleghenies Woodturners, in Johnstown, PA. (click here for details)
  • Congratulations to Peter Jacobson for "Red Winged Burl Bowl" being selected as Turning of the Week for April 29, 2024 (click here for details)
  • Welcome new registering member. Your username must be your real First and Last name (for example: John Doe). "Screen names" and "handles" are not allowed and your registration will be deleted if you don't use your real name. Also, do not use all caps nor all lower case.
AAW February 2012 Contest
Mike Gibson

AAW February 2012 Contest

Inspired by the work of Ernie Newman, l turned this Cherry piece on 3 axes, dyed black, sprayed with acrylic spray and buffed. The candle is turned from an unusually white piece of Dogwood and I added a rope wick. Stands 10 3/4"
l named her Twisted Sister.
Comments and critiques more than welcome.
Have commented eleswhere Mike, but I just love this slinky little piece, very nicely done :)
Pete

Mike

WOW, this is a stunning piece of work, simple, stylish and beautiful.

Thank you for sharing.

take care

Mark

Thanks Mike, I take it that this means that she is going to get a sister?, or maybe a brother as she would stuill be "a sister" :)
(Congrats on the Wow cover well deserved for this little baby)
Pete)

:cool2: :cool2: :cool2:

I think you should call it "Grace". It reminds me of Grace Kelley on the l'instant taittinger poster I have framed and hanging on my wall. VERY nice piece.

Media information

Category
Member Galleries
Added by
Mike Gibson
Date added
View count
Comment count
Rating
0.00 star(s) 0 ratings

Image metadata

Device