• Beware of Counterfeit Woodturning Tools (click here for details)
  • Johnathan Silwones is starting a new AAW chapter, Southern Alleghenies Woodturners, in Johnstown, PA. (click here for details)
  • Congratulations to Jim Hills for "Journey II" being selected as Turning of the Week for May 6th, 2024 (click here for details)
  • Welcome new registering member. Your username must be your real First and Last name (for example: John Doe). "Screen names" and "handles" are not allowed and your registration will be deleted if you don't use your real name. Also, do not use all caps nor all lower case.
Clotwian squirrel fossil
P

Clotwian squirrel fossil

Back from Clotwia again. This time I was able to find this fossil (I hit my toe quite hard to it). Once I observed it little closer I noticed it may be too interesting to be thrown to lake behind... So here it is.

There maybe some hidden message also, I have to study that more and try to translate it later.

Base material is rowan which was turned endgrain and then some carving. Details (fossil and that "message") was further raised with relief paint after leaves was dyed and sprayed with acrylic laquer. Then some "stone paint" and light coat of acrylic spray.

Turning took considerably less time than rest of the "decoration".

Height is little less than 5" and diameter little less than 4".
There are no comments to display.

Media information

Category
Member Galleries
Added by
Petteri Leppikallio
Date added
View count
Comment count
Rating
0.00 star(s) 0 ratings

Image metadata