• We just finished moving the forums to a new hosting server. It looks like everything is functioning correctly but if you find a problem please report it in the Forum Technical Support Forum (click here) or email us at forum_moderator AT aawforum.org. Thanks!
  • Beware of Counterfeit Woodturning Tools (click here for details)
  • Johnathan Silwones is starting a new AAW chapter, Southern Alleghenies Woodturners, in Johnstown, PA. (click here for details)
  • Congratulations to Dave Roberts for "2 Hats" being selected as Turning of the Week for April 22, 2024 (click here for details)
  • Welcome new registering member. Your username must be your real First and Last name (for example: John Doe). "Screen names" and "handles" are not allowed and your registration will be deleted if you don't use your real name. Also, do not use all caps nor all lower case.
Copper Beech H/F
bob sesti

Copper Beech H/F

Spalted Copper Beech Hollow Form with a unknown wood for the finial.It is 5 inches wide and 8 1/2 inches tall total.Finished with wipe-on poly and buffed
HI Bob
Very lovely piece . Its nice to see an excellent finial thats not blackwood or ebony for a change and it goes well with the form to.
Best regards from Jeff.

This is kinda strange - I'll have to look at it a bit to figure out what I think about that neck to finial transition.

I have to agree with fgvanatta about the transition between neck and finial. The finial itself is very good.
Ian

I like the transition shape. It has an onion type look and the beech looks fantastic.

Sooper plus good!!! Very nice blending the finials with the "onion" shape...your finials are very delicate and took lots of time...I like that you used other than black. Appears that they are your "signature" for your work, judging by the other pieces in this series. Gold star for the day, Bob!!!

Thanks for looking and the nice feed back

Media information

Category
Member Galleries
Added by
bob sesti
Date added
View count
Comment count
Rating
0.00 star(s) 0 ratings

Image metadata