• We just finished moving the forums to a new hosting server. It looks like everything is functioning correctly but if you find a problem please report it in the Forum Technical Support Forum (click here) or email us at forum_moderator AT aawforum.org. Thanks!
  • Beware of Counterfeit Woodturning Tools (click here for details)
  • Johnathan Silwones is starting a new AAW chapter, Southern Alleghenies Woodturners, in Johnstown, PA. (click here for details)
  • Congratulations to Dave Roberts for "2 Hats" being selected as Turning of the Week for April 22, 2024 (click here for details)
  • Welcome new registering member. Your username must be your real First and Last name (for example: John Doe). "Screen names" and "handles" are not allowed and your registration will be deleted if you don't use your real name. Also, do not use all caps nor all lower case.
EASTER EGGS
E

EASTER EGGS

Description: Eggs are actual egg size. (buff orpington egg) Top of stand is also half a hollow egg.Both eggs have removable top and are filled with bunnies. ?You sure didn't expect to find chicks in an Easter egg??? The small bunnies are missfits and scraps from inlaying the bunnies in the eggs.
I didn't post earlier as our club, MWTA, had an egg turning challenge last Sat. and I didn't want to tip my hand. Woods are buckthorne, redwood, lilac, maple, wallnut, quackie, mahogany, holly and mesquite stands.
Comments always welcome to my posts.
I will try to explain briefly. Would take a couple pages with pictures to fully explain. I am not sure I remember exactly-exactily. One egg has 3 rabbit segments the other 4. I cut the segments to fit. Stuck a piece of holly onto the segmet. Drew a rabbit on it. Cut rabbit out to fit. Glued him into the main segment. glued the segments together. Glued this to the larger end of the eg base. Tuned the outside close to size. Hollowed this part of the egg. Made the top of egg and hollowed it Made a maple "bushing" that fit into the top and bottom. Glued it to the top. Pushed the top and bottom together and turned all to final size except for very bottom which was in the chuck. Reverse mounted into special made chuck and turned bottom. I make pages of sketches as I procede but don't keep them, but this is about the way it went. Sounds complicated. Well it is.
The first 2 I trashed and the same goes for the first stand. Sometimes parts just don't fit.

Media information

Category
Member Galleries
Added by
Erwin Nistler
Date added
View count
Comment count
Rating
0.00 star(s) 0 ratings

Image metadata

Device