• Beware of Counterfeit Woodturning Tools (click here for details)
  • Johnathan Silwones is starting a new AAW chapter, Southern Alleghenies Woodturners, in Johnstown, PA. (click here for details)
  • Congratulations to Jim Hills for "Journey II" being selected as Turning of the Week for May 6th, 2024 (click here for details)
  • Welcome new registering member. Your username must be your real First and Last name (for example: John Doe). "Screen names" and "handles" are not allowed and your registration will be deleted if you don't use your real name. Also, do not use all caps nor all lower case.
ebony mini bowl
john lucas

ebony mini bowl

I'm really having fun turning the mini's right now. I'm doing a demo for the Mini makers club here in town. None of them are turners so I hope to hook a few. I've turned quite a few mini vessels, candle sticks etc lately to get ready for it. We put an add about the demo in the paper hoping to attract a few new member.
They are all doll house scale which is actually little large for what normally do but it's fun trying to do them well enough to fool people with a photo where scale is not seen.
I looked at the photo and my first thought was "Wow!! That is taking post Christmas dieting to extremes!!!" Cool stuff John! I have a hard time imagining working that small. Good luck with the demo!! Let us know how it goes!

Dave

Man, now that is tiny :)

Neat turning, John.

That's some great detail. Did you get an electron microscope for Christmas? Nice stuff and good luck at the demo.
Don L.

John......I saw this miniature bowl the other day, but I must have missed noticing that it's you that made it! I made a few of these myself, but gave up on doing any more of them.....just too dinky for me! Perhaps if I had a mini-lathe......hmmmmm! Very good job on this one, from someone who knows how frustrating it can be to make a good bowl that small!

ooc

Media information

Category
Member Galleries
Added by
john lucas
Date added
View count
Comment count
Rating
0.00 star(s) 0 ratings

Image metadata