• Beware of Counterfeit Woodturning Tools (click here for details)
  • Johnathan Silwones is starting a new AAW chapter, Southern Alleghenies Woodturners, in Johnstown, PA. (click here for details)
  • Congratulations to Jim Hills for "Journey II" being selected as Turning of the Week for May 6th, 2024 (click here for details)
  • Welcome new registering member. Your username must be your real First and Last name (for example: John Doe). "Screen names" and "handles" are not allowed and your registration will be deleted if you don't use your real name. Also, do not use all caps nor all lower case.
Eddies
mfoster

Eddies

A HF done for the HF swap on WTA. Inspired by a class with Jacques Vessery.

Cherry
6.25H x 4.5D
India ink, Acrylics
Reactions: Ligia Rodrigues
mfoster.......you've got your own style in all that you do. I like that! Those who don't try to be all things to all styles, tend to be the best at what they do........and, you are a good example of this!

This is a very impressive piece.......

Do you know what this reminds me of?

......."Starry Night", by Vincent Van Gogh!

:)

ooc

Must have had an extra gin before dinner Mike, my eyes are turning in different directions trying to take this in, :)
fabulous piece
Pete

Thanks all. Odie and Alan, I took this piece wet from turning with me to RI for a week on the beaches and did the carving there. After the first bit of carving was done, my wife said, "Starry, Starry Night". That truly was not the inspiration, but maybe it was a subliminal influence. I even had the color picked that I wanted to paint it. Maybe I'll just cut off my ear.

Dont cut off your ear!

That would just be time away from the lathe and I enjoy looking at your work, and look forward to seeing more soon.

Media information

Category
Member Galleries
Added by
mfoster
Date added
View count
Comment count
Rating
0.00 star(s) 0 ratings

Image metadata

Filename