• Beware of Counterfeit Woodturning Tools (click here for details)
  • Johnathan Silwones is starting a new AAW chapter, Southern Alleghenies Woodturners, in Johnstown, PA. (click here for details)
  • Congratulations to Jim Hills for "Journey II" being selected as Turning of the Week for May 6th, 2024 (click here for details)
  • Welcome new registering member. Your username must be your real First and Last name (for example: John Doe). "Screen names" and "handles" are not allowed and your registration will be deleted if you don't use your real name. Also, do not use all caps nor all lower case.
German Smoking Figures
Bobby McCarley

German Smoking Figures

After watching Colwin Way's demo at SWAT on German Smoking Figures, I knew I had to give them a try. Since my son is a Fireman, that was my first choice to start with. He stands 7" tall and~4" wide. The wood is Maple for the body and African Blackwood for the shoes. He's painted using regular craft paint. The Santa figure is 8" tall and ~5" wide. The woods are the same as the Fireman, craft paint, Snow-Tex and the beard is faux-fur from Hobby Lobby. There will definitely be other figures coming.
Colwin Ways's presentations at SWAT were top-rated. I got to the demo room late and it was SRO way at the back. Being deaf in one ear and unable to hear in the other, I couldn't hear Colwin well enough to make heads or tails of what he was saying so I wandered off and spent more money in the trade show on things that would undoubtedly assure my path to fame and fortune.

Media information

Category
Member Galleries
Added by
Bobby McCarley
Date added
View count
Comment count
Rating
0.00 star(s) 0 ratings

Image metadata

Device