• Beware of Counterfeit Woodturning Tools (click here for details)
  • Johnathan Silwones is starting a new AAW chapter, Southern Alleghenies Woodturners, in Johnstown, PA. (click here for details)
  • Congratulations to Jim Hills for "Journey II" being selected as Turning of the Week for May 6th, 2024 (click here for details)
  • Welcome new registering member. Your username must be your real First and Last name (for example: John Doe). "Screen names" and "handles" are not allowed and your registration will be deleted if you don't use your real name. Also, do not use all caps nor all lower case.
IMG_1504
W

IMG_1504

16" round by 13" high 4A quilted maple, white birch, cherry. My 1st attempt at segmented. I never saw a piece sell so fast in my short turning career. The first person I showed it to was writting out a check when the husband came in and honey Bill is making us a wall unit lets wait for a month. The next woodturner who saw it bought it straighaway. The finnish is water white lacquer rubbed.
Very impressive, whether it's the first or the one hundred first. I like the shape, especially.

Thanks RC, I would be happy to build one for you! Call me at 631-281-0302 to get a price. If you see any bowl or vase on my site you like, they are for sale. Thanks Bill

Yes indeedy! This baby is now in my private collection! I would never make a segmented piece, let alone one this stunning.
There was several segmented pieces on display that day, but most felt like scratchy dirt and while the designs were wonderful, THIS piece hit my heart and it felt like satin.

Thanks Grey Hackle, It was a learning experience, fun and the only one I have done. I guess will have to make another stab at it.

Media information

Category
Member Galleries
Added by
william holland
Date added
View count
Comment count
Rating
0.00 star(s) 0 ratings

Image metadata

Device