• Beware of Counterfeit Woodturning Tools (click here for details)
  • Johnathan Silwones is starting a new AAW chapter, Southern Alleghenies Woodturners, in Johnstown, PA. (click here for details)
  • Congratulations to Jim Hills for "Journey II" being selected as Turning of the Week for May 6th, 2024 (click here for details)
  • Welcome new registering member. Your username must be your real First and Last name (for example: John Doe). "Screen names" and "handles" are not allowed and your registration will be deleted if you don't use your real name. Also, do not use all caps nor all lower case.
leaf bowl
egsiegel

leaf bowl

Sorry about the photo quality...phone photo.
cherry bowl.
My first attempt at carving on a bowl...and my first upload...hope you like it
Nice job as a first attempt. If you are looking for suggestions on how to improve I would encourage you to consider two things; 1) Try to emphasize the curvature at the widest part of the vessel. From the picture it looks like it has a flat spot in the curve (but that may be just the photo angle? 2) Consider making the edges of your leaves sharp, which will make them "pop" visually from the vessel itself, or texturize the negative space around the leaves for the same effect. But either way, its a nice piece.

thanks for the feedback...
the flatspot is a photo problem...it is not in the piece.

Media information

Category
Member Galleries
Added by
egsiegel
Date added
View count
Comment count
Rating
0.00 star(s) 0 ratings

Image metadata

Device