• Beware of Counterfeit Woodturning Tools (click here for details)
  • Johnathan Silwones is starting a new AAW chapter, Southern Alleghenies Woodturners, in Johnstown, PA. (click here for details)
  • Congratulations to Jim Hills for "Journey II" being selected as Turning of the Week for May 6th, 2024 (click here for details)
  • Welcome new registering member. Your username must be your real First and Last name (for example: John Doe). "Screen names" and "handles" are not allowed and your registration will be deleted if you don't use your real name. Also, do not use all caps nor all lower case.
nut and bolt
george watkins

nut and bolt

when i first learnt how to chase threads by watching Allan battys video a few years ago my dad saw a picture of a nut and bolt which Allan had made. ever since then he has pesterd me to make one, so here it is.

the bolt is 3" long by 2 1/4" wide it has a hand chased 18tpi thread
I wish I knew how to do that! Love the fact that you made the washer as well, and it is of a different wood. What woods? Philip

thank you- the wood is boxwood, the washer is from a diffrent tree so has a diffrent colour- i'm tempted to do a spring washer for it.

Media information

Category
Member Galleries
Added by
george watkins
Date added
View count
Comment count
Rating
0.00 star(s) 0 ratings

Image metadata

Device