• We just finished moving the forums to a new hosting server. It looks like everything is functioning correctly but if you find a problem please report it in the Forum Technical Support Forum (click here) or email us at forum_moderator AT aawforum.org. Thanks!
  • Beware of Counterfeit Woodturning Tools (click here for details)
  • Johnathan Silwones is starting a new AAW chapter, Southern Alleghenies Woodturners, in Johnstown, PA. (click here for details)
  • Congratulations to Dave Roberts for "2 Hats" being selected as Turning of the Week for April 22, 2024 (click here for details)
  • Welcome new registering member. Your username must be your real First and Last name (for example: John Doe). "Screen names" and "handles" are not allowed and your registration will be deleted if you don't use your real name. Also, do not use all caps nor all lower case.
Pear Vase
Tom Hale

Pear Vase

just over 6" tall. No finish yet. Mostly just showing off my new photo set-up.
Beautiful form Tom!

It's quite large, which I like, but it's quite also stiff and heavy and wants to roll back up. Those four things, size, weight, stiffness, and curl are really making it a challenge to fit into my little photo area. I might have a to get a bigger table and clear out some more space in my super-cluttered basement. :)
Scissors work as well Tom! Cleaning up clutter makes for a much better work environment…..bonus, you can find stuff too, woohoo!! I just tape the front edge down left, right and center; it’s out of the picture any way.…add new tape every time, fold it over when done.

Scissors work as well Tom! Cleaning up clutter makes for a much better work environment…..bonus, you can find stuff too, woohoo!! I just tape the front edge down left, right and center; it’s out of the picture any way.…add new tape every time, fold it over when done.
Really trying not to cut it as then I would be restricted from using the whole piece if I wanted to use more or less black, grey, or white. I currently have it clamped and weighted and clamped some more. I tried from double-faced tape in places, but the curl was too powerful and it pulled away after awhile. It's really quite thick and stiff, too much so that I can't wrap it around the edge of the table.

Thanks for the details Tom. That is a good size—gives you a lot of flexibility with number and size of pieces. I get being inconvenient though! It’s nice that it’s stiff and rolls. I’ve been using a lightweight fabric backdrop lately, which is nice, but every time I bring it out I have to iron out the wrinkles. PITA!

Media information

Category
Member Galleries
Added by
Tom Hale
Date added
View count
Comment count
Rating
0.00 star(s) 0 ratings

Image metadata

Device