• Beware of Counterfeit Woodturning Tools (click here for details)
  • Johnathan Silwones is starting a new AAW chapter, Southern Alleghenies Woodturners, in Johnstown, PA. (click here for details)
  • Congratulations to Jim Hills for "Journey II" being selected as Turning of the Week for May 6th, 2024 (click here for details)
  • Welcome new registering member. Your username must be your real First and Last name (for example: John Doe). "Screen names" and "handles" are not allowed and your registration will be deleted if you don't use your real name. Also, do not use all caps nor all lower case.
Piercing
M

Piercing

Maple vessels,pierced
Yes they are.Drill a series of small holes at random spacing inside the area to be pierced.Then start the piercing and it will develop into a pattern as you go.Best done all in one setting if possible as the pattern will change if you put it down and come back to it later.Hard to pick up where you left off.

What type of drill did you use? I find these very lovely. The band of piercing very much compliments the shape of the bowl without overpowering the wood. Tahnk you for sharing them

I drill the holes with a regular 1/16th bit and a slow speed electric drill.Then I use a Dremel tool with a spiral stump cutter bit to enlarge and shape the holes into the pattern I want.Lately I have been using a tool called Powercrafter,air powered piercing and carving tool,you can find them by using Google search engine...

Media information

Category
Member Galleries
Added by
Malcolm Ray
Date added
View count
Comment count
Rating
0.00 star(s) 0 ratings

Image metadata

Filename