• Beware of Counterfeit Woodturning Tools (click here for details)
  • Johnathan Silwones is starting a new AAW chapter, Southern Alleghenies Woodturners, in Johnstown, PA. (click here for details)
  • Congratulations to Jim Hills for "Journey II" being selected as Turning of the Week for May 6th, 2024 (click here for details)
  • Welcome new registering member. Your username must be your real First and Last name (for example: John Doe). "Screen names" and "handles" are not allowed and your registration will be deleted if you don't use your real name. Also, do not use all caps nor all lower case.
Printemps
Mike Gibson

Printemps

Recently Cynthia and l traveled to Ashville , North Carolina to attend an all day demonstration with Binh Pho. Needless to say he gave a great demonstration. l was interested in a bowl he made in a style he makes to pierce. When l got home l decided to make one out of some green Pear using a light to get an even thickness and as thin as l could. Cynthia quickly grabbed it to burn on. It is approx. 7" dia and a 1/16" thick.

Comments and critiques always more than welcome.
Beautiful Cynthia, even though I know Mike had a little something to do with it also. After Binh's demo, who will be piercing and painting. I think I know.

Thanks Odie and Peter for looking and your kind words.
James, l reversed chucked it to finish the bottom it starts off at a 1/16" but as it was flexing so much and l got little gun shy and made the rest more like a bowl shape.
Hal, l don't think Cynthia or l have much thought about piercing at this time, and it is another whole set of tools.

so delightful. I rarely like footed bowls, but this one, Mike , is very pleasing & light. Cynthia, what is there to say about your skill? It's beyond human. How the heck can you be this precise & delicate with a hot iron? :) A joy to view.

Media information

Category
Member Galleries
Added by
Mike Gibson
Date added
View count
Comment count
Rating
0.00 star(s) 0 ratings

Image metadata

Device