• Beware of Counterfeit Woodturning Tools (click here for details)
  • Johnathan Silwones is starting a new AAW chapter, Southern Alleghenies Woodturners, in Johnstown, PA. (click here for details)
  • Congratulations to Jim Hills for "Journey II" being selected as Turning of the Week for May 6th, 2024 (click here for details)
  • Welcome new registering member. Your username must be your real First and Last name (for example: John Doe). "Screen names" and "handles" are not allowed and your registration will be deleted if you don't use your real name. Also, do not use all caps nor all lower case.
Purple Heart & Maple Bowl with Lid
J

Purple Heart & Maple Bowl with Lid

New Work I am Legally Blinded OIF Veteran new to turning
Beautiful work. what is the lid top constructed of? Looks a little different color. Keep up the great work and I thank you for serving!

Dale
Thank you for your kind encouragement on my wood segmented bowl.
The Bowl is made of Maple and Purple Heart with a Mahogany handle on the lid.
Here are some more pictures of the bowl. Each ring and the lid and handle are made of 18 segments.
As I stated in the general info,
I am fairly new to wood turning and enjoy the technique and also the fellowship shown between fellow wood turners.
Here is a link to my little web page that has other items I have made.
I would appreciate any feed back to help me improve my skills,
I am totally blind in my right eye and have very limited vision in my left no central or peripheral and where I can see , almost like a doughnut where I cant see in the hole or outside the doughnut, I see 20-640
So I have to use my hands and a magnifying glass to do the work
www.amazingvisionwoodwork.com
my wife helped me come up with the name

thanks again hope to be in touch

Media information

Category
Member Galleries
Added by
jerry abney
Date added
View count
Comment count