• We just finished moving the forums to a new hosting server. It looks like everything is functioning correctly but if you find a problem please report it in the Forum Technical Support Forum (click here) or email us at forum_moderator AT aawforum.org. Thanks!
  • Beware of Counterfeit Woodturning Tools (click here for details)
  • Johnathan Silwones is starting a new AAW chapter, Southern Alleghenies Woodturners, in Johnstown, PA. (click here for details)
  • Congratulations to Peter Jacobson for "Red Winged Burl Bowl" being selected as Turning of the Week for April 29, 2024 (click here for details)
  • Welcome new registering member. Your username must be your real First and Last name (for example: John Doe). "Screen names" and "handles" are not allowed and your registration will be deleted if you don't use your real name. Also, do not use all caps nor all lower case.
Spalted Beech lidded form
M

Spalted Beech lidded form

This Lidded form is made of spalted beech sourced locally to my home. The lid is made of Anjan with a carved Anjan finial sat on a ceramic bead.

It measures 280mm x 280mm approx. Is finished in renaissance wax and buffed off of the lathe.

Comments welcome.
very nice

Mark, all the elements in this piece work well together, and the photo is first rate!

POD 04-05-09
AAW Home Page Photo Of the Day

Kurt

That is fantastic and thank you for your comments. Making the Home page photo is brilliant.

Thank you

Mark

Absolutely BEAUTIFUL, in all aspects. I really like this one. Added to my favorites. Everything about it screams quality craftsmanship.

Media information

Category
Member Galleries
Added by
Mark Sanger
Date added
View count
Comment count
Rating
0.00 star(s) 0 ratings

Image metadata

Device