• Beware of Counterfeit Woodturning Tools (click here for details)
  • Johnathan Silwones is starting a new AAW chapter, Southern Alleghenies Woodturners, in Johnstown, PA. (click here for details)
  • Congratulations to Jim Hills for "Journey II" being selected as Turning of the Week for May 6th, 2024 (click here for details)
  • Welcome new registering member. Your username must be your real First and Last name (for example: John Doe). "Screen names" and "handles" are not allowed and your registration will be deleted if you don't use your real name. Also, do not use all caps nor all lower case.
Free to a good home
Leo Frilot

Free to a good home

While driving around today, a thought occured to me about all the resources I have here in Louisiana compared to places where some of you live. We have trees EVERYWHERE. Lots of common species, like oaks and pines, but also a lot of the "native exotics" in the mix, Pecans, Magnolia, Chinaberry, Sycamore, and Cypress to name a few. Finding something to turn out here is never a problem. I'd bet at any given time, on any given day, in any given neighborhood you can find a tree all cut up and sitting on the curb waiting for the recycle truck to pass and pick them up. It really is that easy around here. I guess I'm writing this to say that I sympathize with some of you who are not as priviledged in this respect.

Just a typical wood pile right down the street from my house that will be picked up by waste management. It probably will not be there by the time I get home. These lots are approximately 120' wide and I couldn't get all of them in the photo.
www.perfectwoodworks.com
I feel your pain. Tallahassee is a jungle, too. From an airplane, it'd be hard to believe there's a city hidden beneath the tree canopies, if it weren't for a few tall buildings.

I can't count how many roadside orphans I've adopted in just the past few years.

It's good to be reminded of this occasionally. Thanks.

Media information

Category
Member Galleries
Added by
Leo Frilot
Date added
View count
Comment count
Rating
0.00 star(s) 0 ratings

Image metadata

Filename