• Beware of Counterfeit Woodturning Tools (click here for details)
  • Johnathan Silwones is starting a new AAW chapter, Southern Alleghenies Woodturners, in Johnstown, PA. (click here for details)
  • Congratulations to Peter Jacobson for "Red Winged Burl Bowl" being selected as Turning of the Week for April 29, 2024 (click here for details)
  • Welcome new registering member. Your username must be your real First and Last name (for example: John Doe). "Screen names" and "handles" are not allowed and your registration will be deleted if you don't use your real name. Also, do not use all caps nor all lower case.
Spalted Teak Burl Lidded Box
Gabriel Hoff

Spalted Teak Burl Lidded Box

Yet another box, this time made from a stunning piece of spalted teak burl. This style is more of a dome shaped box. Size approx. 2" tall and 2" in diameter. Finished with gloss lacquer.
Beautiful burl (never saw Teak burl before) and great execution, Gabriel. My personal preference, however, would be to have a slightly curved side (like you've done before) to complement the domed top. The angular sides of the box seem contrary to the curved top. Just my 2¢. ;) YMMV.

Thanks Tom! I did try and curve the sides in my initial shaping and found it to not be crisp like I wanted. I think I should flatten the top more if the sides are going to be angled.

Media information

Category
Member Galleries
Added by
Gabriel Hoff
Date added
View count
Comment count
Rating
0.00 star(s) 0 ratings

Image metadata

Device