• Beware of Counterfeit Woodturning Tools (click here for details)
  • Johnathan Silwones is starting a new AAW chapter, Southern Alleghenies Woodturners, in Johnstown, PA. (click here for details)
  • Congratulations to Jim Hills for "Journey II" being selected as Turning of the Week for May 6th, 2024 (click here for details)
  • Welcome new registering member. Your username must be your real First and Last name (for example: John Doe). "Screen names" and "handles" are not allowed and your registration will be deleted if you don't use your real name. Also, do not use all caps nor all lower case.
Sweet Maple
mfoster

Sweet Maple

I just got word that my entry for the Maple Medley show was accepted by the jury. REALLY made my day. I was sort of waiting on word from them before I posted it here, even though it can be seen on the link of all entries.

Red maple trunk and buckets
Sugar maple base and spouts
Trunk was hollowed, carved and textured, then painted with acrylics. Buckets and spouts turned carved and painted with acrylics. Base turned on 4 axes, bleached and finished with lacquer
27"h x 17"d
That will surely be a conversation piece among the other entries. Quite a bit of work! Well done.
Don L.

Hello Michael,

Congratulations on being accepted to Maple Medley. The detailing on the bottom of the base is nice and I like the bucket lids. Are they some type of metal?

Thanks Don and Robert. Robert, the lids were actually cut out of a lid from one of my real sap buckets. If you look at the pic of the buckets, you can see some of the wording stamped in the metal.

Media information

Category
Member Galleries
Added by
mfoster
Date added
View count
Comment count
Rating
0.00 star(s) 0 ratings

Image metadata

Filename