• Beware of Counterfeit Woodturning Tools (click here for details)
  • Johnathan Silwones is starting a new AAW chapter, Southern Alleghenies Woodturners, in Johnstown, PA. (click here for details)
  • Congratulations to Jim Hills for "Journey II" being selected as Turning of the Week for May 6th, 2024 (click here for details)
  • Welcome new registering member. Your username must be your real First and Last name (for example: John Doe). "Screen names" and "handles" are not allowed and your registration will be deleted if you don't use your real name. Also, do not use all caps nor all lower case.
"The price of freedom".
Victor Otnelchenko

"The price of freedom".

The first work from the series "totalitarian dreams" (2022).
Victor........

"The price of freedom"

"Totalitarian dreams"

These are interesting subjects, and especially since where you are, and our current events of the day.....I'd be interested in a more detailed description of your subject in this piece.....that is......if you can speak freely.

Thanks for showing us.

-o-

Victor........

"The price of freedom"

"Totalitarian dreams"

These are interesting subjects, and especially since where you are, and our current events of the day.....I'd be interested in a more detailed description of your subject in this piece.....that is......if you can speak freely.

Thanks for showing us.

-o-

The idea of creating this series appeared last year, after well-known events that are impossible to accept. The "theater of the absurd" is getting stronger every day. They probably lie to us about everything all the time. In my works in this series, I have tried to reflect some aspects of the harsh reality, the totalitarian past, and the uncertainty of the future. By the way, last year this work took part in the All-Russian turning competition "Turning Miniature 2022", and also visited exhibitions in three cities, but remained unnoticed by the viewer in the total mass of other works.

Wonderful, evocative artwork, Victor. Hearing that there was a sizeable turning competition in Russia is very interesting and encouraging. Best wishes to all the turners there.

Please stay safe.

Wonderful, evocative artwork, Victor. Hearing that there was a sizeable turning competition in Russia is very interesting and encouraging. Best wishes to all the turners there.

Please stay safe.
Thanks! The turning competition has been held here annually since 2018. At first it was a routine experiment in order to interest turners to participate. But now we have permanent sponsors providing prizes to the winners, and last year we received a small grant for development from the state, and we are also working on holding exhibitions of competitive works in cities. For six years now, I have been helping to organize the competition, maintain archival documentation, and am also a member of the competition council. I believe that in the future creative turning in Russia will have development, but now there are difficulties with this.

Media information

Category
Member Galleries
Added by
Victor Otnelchenko
Date added
View count
Comment count
Rating
0.00 star(s) 0 ratings

Image metadata

Filename