• We just finished moving the forums to a new hosting server. It looks like everything is functioning correctly but if you find a problem please report it in the Forum Technical Support Forum (click here) or email us at forum_moderator AT aawforum.org. Thanks!
  • Beware of Counterfeit Woodturning Tools (click here for details)
  • Johnathan Silwones is starting a new AAW chapter, Southern Alleghenies Woodturners, in Johnstown, PA. (click here for details)
  • Congratulations to Dave Roberts for "2 Hats" being selected as Turning of the Week for April 22, 2024 (click here for details)
  • Welcome new registering member. Your username must be your real First and Last name (for example: John Doe). "Screen names" and "handles" are not allowed and your registration will be deleted if you don't use your real name. Also, do not use all caps nor all lower case.
Wavy Natural Edge Box
Gary Ljostad

Wavy Natural Edge Box

Maple Burl natural edge box. Amboyna lid and finial. Finial is turned not assembled. Finish is lacquer. wavy rim is carved, not warped.19"x4".
Great piece, I like the wave to it. Finial is super and the stand is perfect for this. Good bead work on this and the vessel. Fantastic piece Gary :)

very nice, the mass (19 x 4) is disguised because the proportions are so good, i am not sure i understand how you turned the final

This has got to be one of the most unusual turnings I've seen. Unusual as it is, there's something that really draws me to it. I keep looking at it and just thinking "Wow, that is really strange!" And I can not get my mind around how you turned that finial.

Thank you for posting it.

The finial was turned like a small v shaped vase. Held in a collet chuck by a 1/8" tenon. I had to grind a custom tool to get to the tight V bottom. Turned very thin than I cut sections out, using a dremmel, to achieve the final result.

whow...i like this wave.

all is in this piece of turning.

congratulations

Norbert Kruger

Media information

Category
Member Galleries
Added by
Gary Ljostad
Date added
View count
Comment count