• Beware of Counterfeit Woodturning Tools (click here for details)
  • Johnathan Silwones is starting a new AAW chapter, Southern Alleghenies Woodturners, in Johnstown, PA. (click here for details)
  • Congratulations to Jim Hills for "Journey II" being selected as Turning of the Week for May 6th, 2024 (click here for details)
  • Welcome new registering member. Your username must be your real First and Last name (for example: John Doe). "Screen names" and "handles" are not allowed and your registration will be deleted if you don't use your real name. Also, do not use all caps nor all lower case.
White Oak solid egg, 8”h x 5.75”d
Michael Anderson

White Oak solid egg, 8”h x 5.75”d

Turned from a dry and cracked chunk of White Oak. Early growth carved away on two sides, which were then charred and wire brushed. Scuffed and finished with boiled linseed oil. This thing is hefty enough to keep the robbers away!
Well, I know it's all a matter of opinion, but the back side is more appealing to my senses! :)

-----odie-----
I should just say “opposite side” then, instead of the insulting “back side”, haha! But seriously, I go back and forth. Ultimately, the inclusion wins me over.

I can remember burning and wire brushing all kinds of things in 1974-75. I have a fondness for the look!! No reason to take sides (lol) with an egg shape!!
Fair point! We'll just call it the "current view" :cool:

I do like the look too--and it feels nice in the hands.

Media information

Category
Member Galleries
Added by
Michael Anderson
Date added
View count
Comment count
Rating
0.00 star(s) 0 ratings

Image metadata

Device