• Beware of Counterfeit Woodturning Tools (click here for details)
  • Johnathan Silwones is starting a new AAW chapter, Southern Alleghenies Woodturners, in Johnstown, PA. (click here for details)
  • Congratulations to Jim Hills for "Journey II" being selected as Turning of the Week for May 6th, 2024 (click here for details)
  • Welcome new registering member. Your username must be your real First and Last name (for example: John Doe). "Screen names" and "handles" are not allowed and your registration will be deleted if you don't use your real name. Also, do not use all caps nor all lower case.
Wild Flower IV - Tropix
S

Wild Flower IV - Tropix

Windswept, white sandy beaches, softly lapped by tranquil blue waters. An endless sky, filled blue and wispy white, ever brightened by the dancing rays of a sun that showers its warmth onto a landscape of continuous green and brown. A landscape spotted ever so softly by small treasures, full of radiance and color, reminiscent of the rising and setting of the sun. Delicate, fragile, bold, wild flowers, not to be contained, but to put their beauty on display, that all might enjoy their brilliance. Deep and rich, the vibrance of their color as wild as they are, natures gallery, works on display, pieces so similar and yet, no two ever the same. Welcome to paradise.

Ash. 7.25"d x 3.125"h. Turned, pierced, carved, textured and painted. Acrylics and India Ink. Finishing Oil.

C & C Welcome. Thank you for having a look.
Reactions: Mark Holden
Absolutely georgeous Steve. And as for your description - I'm ready to go. Your pattern and design are unique, and the execution of piercing and painting is suberb. It appears it is all one piece, so I must ask how you achieved the piercing effect on the inside against the bottom. I'm really awed by this piece.

Thank you very much, Hal! Haha..paradise does sound nice, doesn't it!

It is all one piece. That's just a texturing technique I use to emulate the piercing. The trick being, leaving enough material so as not to poke through.

Thank you again for your very nice comment :)

Can't stop staring at this piece Steve, grteat design beautifully executed. That's a 10 for me :)
Pete

Media information

Category
Member Galleries
Added by
Steve Schweitzer
Date added
View count
Comment count
Rating
0.00 star(s) 0 ratings

Image metadata