• Beware of Counterfeit Woodturning Tools (click here for details)
  • Johnathan Silwones is starting a new AAW chapter, Southern Alleghenies Woodturners, in Johnstown, PA. (click here for details)
  • Congratulations to Peter Jacobson for "Red Winged Burl Bowl" being selected as Turning of the Week for April 29, 2024 (click here for details)
  • Welcome new registering member. Your username must be your real First and Last name (for example: John Doe). "Screen names" and "handles" are not allowed and your registration will be deleted if you don't use your real name. Also, do not use all caps nor all lower case.
Winter 2007 contest
Jerry Hall

Winter 2007 contest

Can't spend any more time on this. It's driving me crazy! And I have to get ready to go South for a few weeks. Here it is: Four axis goblet. End grain pear wood. About 4" by 8" high. Canted to feature a bit of bark. No joinery, one piece, all turned solid wood. Base hollowed out to avoid cracking.
Ed, I plan to resubmit this after burning the base black and using a palette knife to cover the goblet part in fire engine red. I may use spray adhesive to cover the base with some nice shavings spray-painted yellow. Black, yellow and red go well together. I think I will title it "Rough and 'Reddy.'" Thanks for your inspiration! Jerry

Jerry,
I'm not sure I would want to do any serious drinking with this goblet!
KurtB

Media information

Category
Member Galleries
Added by
Jerry Hall
Date added
View count
Comment count
Rating
0.00 star(s) 0 ratings

Image metadata