• Beware of Counterfeit Woodturning Tools (click here for details)
  • Johnathan Silwones is starting a new AAW chapter, Southern Alleghenies Woodturners, in Johnstown, PA. (click here for details)
  • Congratulations to Jim Hills for "Journey II" being selected as Turning of the Week for May 6th, 2024 (click here for details)
  • Welcome new registering member. Your username must be your real First and Last name (for example: John Doe). "Screen names" and "handles" are not allowed and your registration will be deleted if you don't use your real name. Also, do not use all caps nor all lower case.

Amazing deal.

I finally fell into a great deal. My friend taught a bowl class at our local Woodcraft. After his class he called me and told me they had some Record Power chucks they were going to discontinue and to call the manager. I went up to see the manager and he didn’t know what corporate was going to let him do so I left my name and number a couple of weeks ago. He called me today and told me what he had. He had three package deals, I only bought two. A RP SC 4 Chuck, 100 mm dovetail deep gripper jaws and a 4” dovetail ring. I got all of that for $74. A SC3 Chuck, 75 mm dovetail deep gripper jaws and 2” dovetail ring for $64. That ended up being around 30% off the jaws and rings and the chucks for free. In the picture the 100 mm is on the left and the 75 mm is on the right.4332F394-22D3-4EDE-8D8B-CF84A521187D.jpeg

odie

TOTW Team
Panning for Montana gold, with Betsy, the mule!
The SC3 Chuck screws onto the 1.25” spindle but seems a little sloppy screwing on. I am wondering if it might be 33 mm. It locks up tight. Do you all think I need an adapter or will I be ok?

odie

TOTW Team
Panning for Montana gold, with Betsy, the mule!
The SC3 Chuck screws onto the 1.25” spindle but seems a little sloppy screwing on. I am wondering if it might be 33 mm. It locks up tight. Do you all think I need an adapter or will I be ok?

Put a dial indicator on it, and see if it runs true to your spindle......only way to know for sure.

-----odie-----

Back